Thursday 12 December 2013

Learning to Ski at Nakiska

Winter's here to stay, and early season conditions at Nakiska were perfect for ski lessons on December 11th.

Going into this day, none of the students wanted to ski -- they wanted to snowboard instead. So we made a deal: take a 90-minute lesson and spend the rest of the day on skis, and for the remaining four days you can choose whatever you want -- snowboard all four days if you like.

Well, much to everyone's surprise skiing was a great hit. According to William, the instructors 

"Taught me how to turn. He taught me how to glide. He taught me how to do a backflip... I'm just kidding. The instructors were nice. I learned a bunch of stuff. I'm glad I didn't change the skis for a snowboard because I got the hang of it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment